Welcome to my post on natural hair treatment. Keep checking back or follow this thread of natural products and treatments I’ve found work for me or people know.
Natural Beauty: Making and Using Pure & Simple Beauty Products has sat on my bookshelf since one Christmas in my early 20’s so it was ahead of its time. It’s still available online so there must be demand for its tips and tricks. I recently tried one of the chamomile natural hair colorant recipes.
Natural Hair Treatment: Dye[i]
Kaolin Powder (Superfine British Clay)
- 1 Egg Yolk (optional)
- Water (250ml/8fl oz)
- Bring the water and chamomile flowers to the boil in a saucepan
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain while hot
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- If using the egg yolk, place in a separate bowl and gradually beat in the cooled chamomile flowers
- Gradually beat in enough Kaolin Powder to make a paste the consistency of cream
- Section your dry hair and cover each with the paste
- Wrap your hair in clingfilm. Leave for 30-60 minutes
- Rinse with warm water until all of the paste has gone
- Shampoo and rinse
1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
3 Egg Whites
METHOD: Massage into hair, leave for 30 minutes then shampoo and rinse.
[i]Adapted from Natural Beauty: Making and Using Pure & Simple Beauty Products by Gail Duff
Natural Hair Treatment: Leave-in Conditioner
Despite its slightly questionable name, Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner is a really great product! But best of all, it leaves my hair in great condition
It comes in a liter bottle – I bought mine in February 2017 and I still have over half left! You can buy it in a smaller 250ml spray bottle but it’s not anywhere near as good value (£36.30/l as opposed to £17.20/l).
It helps to prevent static and frizz, detangles and leaves your hair manageable. It’s also suitable for all hair types including color-treated hair,
They also produce a Soy Milk Conditioner which I will be testing in a later post.
If you have any suggestions for great natural hair treatments or indeed body treatments, I’d love to hear them!