These resources are designed to provide relevant information to would-be digital entrepreneurs in their online business journeys.
Escape From Cubicle Nation
From Corporate Prisoner To Thriving Entrepreneur
"Hating your job intensely is not a business plan".
Inspired by her successful blog of the same name, Life Coach Pamela Slim will help you to navigate the terrifying yet gratifying transition from corporate drone to entrepreneur. She explores both the emotional issues of leaving the corporate world and the nuts and bolts of launching your own business.
She also shows you how to find your inner entrepreneur and ultimately fulfillment. In other words, what people will pay you to do, what you have a great passion for and what you are genetically wired for. With her humorous insights into corporate life and her no-nonsense yet empathic tone.
Drawing on her own career, as well as stories from her coaching clients and blog readers, Slim will help you to explore your options and show you how to successfully escape from cubicle nation.
A Fable About Following Your Dream
The Alchemist centres around a shepherd boy who travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of a treasure buried near the Pyramids. But what starts out as a journey to find worldly goods turns into a discovery of the treasure found within.
A testament to the transforming power of our dreams and the importance of listening to our hearts.
Live The Life You Love
In Ten Easy, Step-By-Step Lessons
New York Times bestselling author Barbara Sher has helped thousands of people recapture their dreams, overcome self-doubt and fear, and find meaning in their lives.
Live The Life You Love is a brilliant culmination of the groundbreaking ideas she laid out in I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was and Wishcraft.
This revolutionary program that will help you create a life you will love —in just ten easy step-by-step lessons, including:
- Find the hidden motivators in your life: the untapped energy sources that will get you where you want to go
- Discover the unique gifts that make you different from any other person
- Overcome the one biggest obstacle in your path toward fulfilling your dreams
- Choose a path that will lead you straight to a life that’s perfect for you, a life you deserve … a life you will love!
Born For This
How To Find The Work You Were Meant To Do
The New York Times bestselling author of The $100 Startup, Chris Guillebeau shows us how to enjoy greater career success and personal fulfilment by finding the work we were born to do.
A practical, step-by-step guide to finding work that feels so right it doesn't even seem like work. Learn how to:
· Launch a side hustle that turns a passion into a profitable business
· Find a dream position within a traditional organization
· Create an entirely new profession around your varied interests
· OR turn an existing humdrum job into work you will love
The Art of Non-Conformity
Set Your Own Rules, Live The Life You Want & Change The World
This book reaffirmed for me that it's your own life, so why not set your own rules? And that it's possible to do good things for yourself whilst helping others.
The book's purpose is to transform your thinking about life and work. You’ll learn about world domination, creative self-employment, career independence, radical goal-setting, contrarian travel, and a number of other unconventional ideas. By reading and applying the lessons within, you’ll be fully equipped to accomplish anything you set out to do. Hopefully, you’ll also be challenged to do more than you ever thought possible before.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with their song still in them". [Henry David Thoreau]
The Big Leap
Conquer Your Hidden Fear & Take Life To The Next Level
This book will help you to "remove your last obstacle to ultimate success in wealth, work, and love", by posing questions such as:
- If I can eliminate the behaviors that stop the flow of positive energy, can I learn how to feel great all the time?
- Can I allow things to go well in my life all the time?
- In relationships, can I live in harmony and intimacy all the time?
- Can our species live in expanding waves of peace and prosperity, free from the pattern of messing things up when they are going well?
The Gifts of Imperfection
Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be & Embrace Who You Are
In this powerful e-book, Brené Brown discusses:
- the power of embracing imperfection and vulnerability
- the inextricable connection between joy and gratitude
- how rest and play are as vital to our health as nutrition and exercise
She then demonstrates how, by finding the courage to live and love with our whole hearts, we can truly change ourselves, our families and our communities.
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
In this book, join Elizabeth Gilbert on a voyage of self-discovery as you learn how to live a creative life, and let go of your fears.
Refuse To Choose
A Revolutionary Program for Doing Everything That You Love
“I can never stick to anything.”
“I know I should focus on one thing, but which one?”
“I lose interest in things I thought would interest me forever.”
“I keep going off on another tangent.”
“I get bored as soon as I know how to do something.”
“I can’t stand to do anything twice.”
“I keep changing my mind about what I want to do and end up doing nothing.”
If you’ve ever said these things to yourself, chances are good that you’re a Scanner, a very special kind of thinker. Unlike those people who seem to find and be satisfied with one area of interest, you’re genetically wired to be interested in many things, and that’s exactly what you’ve been trying to do.
Think And Grow Rich
By Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill was so ahead of his time it's frightening.
This Victorian author wrote one of the best selling self-help books of all time. Think And Grow Rich (published in 1937!) is among the 10 best selling self-help books of all time.
Here is a sample of his "riches" and how he acquired them:
- I have more material wealth than I need because I am free from greed and covet only those things I can use constructively while I live
- I found happiness by helping others to find it
- I pray daily, not for more riches, but for more wisdom with which to recognize, embrace, and enjoy the great abundance of riches I already possess
- My wealth comes from those whom I have benefited by sharing my blessings.
“Life is a checkerboard and the player opposite you is TIME. If you hesitate before moving, or neglect to move promptly, your men will be wiped off the board by TIME. You are playing against a partner who will not tolerate INDECISION!” [Napoleon Hill]
The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One
By Margaret Lobenstine
Are you unwilling to settle on doing just one thing “for the rest of your life”?
Do you jump at the chance to learn something new? Or after achieving success in one field, find yourself yearning for new challenges and looking around for something different to do?
If so, you may be a Renaissance Soul. This is the first book devoted to this personality type. Margaret Lobenstine offers a life-planning strategy perfectly in tune with those who fear becoming “a jack-of-all-trades and master of none.”
Discover how to design a vibrant, fulfilling life to:
• Manage your time the Renaissance Soul way
• Thrive on many interests without feeling scattered or overwhelmed
• Pursue your passions even if they “don’t pay”
• Carry your dreams forward no matter what your day job is.
Packed full of creative tasks, exercises, resources and interviews with successful Renaissance Souls.
The 4 Hour Work Week
By Tim Ferriss
The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss proposes that anybody can escape the 9-5, live anywhere and join the new rich. But the book’s central theme is lifestyle design, which Tim has been largely responsible for shining the spotlight on in the last decade or so.
As Tim says in the book, “to enjoy life, you don’t need fancy nonsense. But you do need to control your time and realize that most things just aren’t as serious as you make them out to be”.
It's hard to believe that the 4-Hour Work Week was first published way back in 2007.
Rich Dad Poor Dad
By Robert Kiyosaki
Rich Dad Poor Dad recently had its 20-year anniversary. According to Kiyosaki the system behind our financial struggles is very much alive, so find financial freedom to define your future. That system being ‘get an education, get a good job, get promoted, earn a higher salary’. Even if this leaves us financially illiterate our whole lives, in most cases.
I’m the first one to admit that the title of this book initially put me off. And I guess that’s down to my conditioning around money and the negative connotations surrounding it (being rich) that I’ve grown up with. Money is the root of all evil, etc. But what I realised within a very short space of time, is that it’s about far more than that. As Robert Kiyosaki says himself, he’s not a financial expert; this book is a motivational tool. But he combines that with the message that anybody can achieve financial freedom and become a financial expert if they so wish.
Declutter Your Home
Ten Steps, 10 Weeks
Follow this ten-week decluttering plan and you will relearn how to be grateful for what you have. Rediscover how to enjoy life without feeling the need to purchase or own more things.
Ideal Toolkit For Vanlifers & Tiny Homers or those just looking to downsize their possessions...
Live Anywhere, Love Life and Join the New Rich
In this e-book you’ll discover:
- Why you don't have to wait until you're 65 to live your best life
- What lifestyle design is the best way to live life on your own terms
- How to embrace lifestyle design if you don't want to work online
- The top tips for becoming a successful digital nomad, and more... ...
How To Live Life On Your Own Terms
You wake up, get dressed, prepare breakfast, go to work, come back home, spend a bit of time with your other half, have dinner, sleep. Was there ever a time when you felt happy and free? Wouldn’t you like to go back to that and just be happy again?
In this ebook, we show you everything you need to know so you can choose your own path towards living a happy and fulfilled life.....
How to Get Lots of Money for Anything Fast
By Stuart Lichtman & Joe Vitale
Defining your meta-story (Ideal Day) enables you to clearly define and visualise the life you deeply want. It also defines the bigger version of yourself, the you who is truly happy and fulfilled.
The meta-story is the basis of this book, which the authors define as a method which “can bring you all the love, money, health, success, or anything else you can name”. It isn't actually available to purchase anywhere except on their website. But I have a free download here:
BOOKS I'VE WRITTEN
Well-Lived Life: One Couple’s Quest To Discover The Beauty in Living With Less
By Katherine Bennett
Western culture wants us to spend, spend, spend. From childhood we’re bamboozled and brainwashed into believing that buying stuff will make us feel better, feel sexier. When we own houses big enough to hold all of this stuff then we’ve made it, possessions are the modern show pony for friends, family and peers. But this comes at a cost and it’s far from just monetary. It’s the cost of your time and space, to your health, wellbeing and the environment and the other untold negative costs of having too much stuff, experiencing more stress, expectation and obligation.
We thought we wanted a good-sized house in suburbia. Instead, we decided to declutter and downsize. To learn to avoid the untold negative costs of too much stuff, more stress, expectation a obligation. Experience a well-lived life with less…
Antics Of An Afghan (Street) Hound:
The Unusual Life Of Darakht The Nowzad Rescue
By Katherine Bennett
After a three-hour flight from Kabul, an overnight stay in a Dubai rescue centre and an 8-hour flight to London, he is finally here. In May 2017, six months after applying to adopt a Nowzad rescue, we find ourselves driving to the Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow Airport.
This is the story of one couple’s quest to adopt a Nowzad rescue. From tethered abandee to beloved fur child, they explain how Darakht came to be with them, the journey they have all been on in the year since and how at two years old, this crazy toddler is the love of their lives....
People who have inspired and motivated me:
- Alan Watts
- Annie Hawes
- Barbara Sher
- Brene Brown
- Bryce Langston
- Chris Guillebeau
- Deborah Meaden - as a businesswoman and for her commitment to sustainability
- Joe Russo (We are the Russos)
- Joshua Becker
- Joshua Fields Milburn & Ryan Nicodemus (The Minimalists)
- Julia Cameron
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Ruby Wax - especially her work on mindfulness and raising awareness about mental health
- Steve Jobs
- Tal Gur
- The Indie Projects
- The Minimalists
- Tim Ferriss
Books, podcasts, websites & YouTube channels that have inspired me:
- A Year of Living Simply: The Joys of a Life Less Complicated - Kate Humble
- Advice from My 80-Year-Old Self - Susan O’Malley
- Becoming Minimalist - Joshua Becker
- Born For This: How To Find The Work You Were Meant To Do - Chris Guillebeau
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less - Greg McKeown
- Everything That Remains - Joshua Fields Milburn & Ryan Nicodemus
- Everything You Need You Have: How To Be At Home In Yourself - Gerad Kite
- Extra Virgin: Amongst the Olive Groves of Liguria - Annie Hawes
- Future Shock - Alvin Toffler
- Girl, Stop Apologizing - Rachel Hollis
- Humans Need Not Apply - Jerry Kaplan
- Journey to the South: A Calabrian Homecoming - Annie Hawes
- Living Big In A Tiny Home - Bryce Langston
- Living The 80/20 Way - Richard Koch
- Multi-Hyphen Career - Emma Gannon
- One Person/Multiple Careers: The Original Guide to the Slash Career - Marci Alboher
- Only Humans Need Apply: Winners and Losers in the Age of Smart Machines - Thomas Davenport
- Out of Time: midlife, if you still think you're young - Miranda Sawyer
- Radical Responsibility: How to Move Beyond Blame, Fearlessly Live Your Highest Purpose, and Become an Unstoppable Force for Good - Fleet Maull
- Refuse To Choose: Use All Of Your Interests, Passions and Hobbies To Create The Life & Career of Your Dreams - Barbara Sher
- Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
- Ripe for the Picking - Annie Hawes
- Sabotage: How to Silence Your Inner Critic and Get Out of Your Own Way - Emma Gannon
- Side Hustle School - Chris Guillebeau
- Take Risks - Joe Russo
- The Alchemist A Fable About Following Your Dream - Paulo Coelho
- The Alcohol Experiment - Annie Grace
- The Art of Fully Living - Tal Gur
- The Art of Non-Conformity - Chris Guillebeau
- The Artists’ Way - Julia Cameron
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are - Brene Brown
- The More of Less: Finding the Life you Want Under Everything you Own - Joshua Becker
- The Plain Reader - Scott Savage
- The Power Of Now - Eckhart Tolle
- The Present: The Gift That Makes You Happy & Successful At Work And In Life - Spencer Johnson
- The Renaissance Soul: Life Design For People With Too Many Passions To Pick Just One - Margaret Lobenstine
- The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life - Lynne Twist
- Think & Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
- The Four-Hour Work Week - Tim Ferriss